Monday, April 14, 2014

Still NOT taking new submissions for review....

Hey gang,

I apologize for the crankiness to follow, but:

Looks like 2014 will be another year in which I don't get around to reviewing everything people have sent me, and it's only April. I have about 100 new submissions that have arrived since January, and people are still emailing me new stuff.

While I appreciate the fact that y'all dig the blog enough to send new releases my way, PLEASE STOP FOR NOW! DrugPunk is a one-person, not-for-profit shitshow that's dysfunctional on the best of days, and I run this thing in my free time in between writing about and researching a bunch of stupid Old Timey crap, mis-pronouncing Italian words, and getting drunk. It's not a full-time operation, I'm not Pitchfork, I have intermittent internet access, and I'm getting sick of dashing off "I'll get to this when I have time" emails when I'm still catching up on stuff from November 2013. I run this blog primarily to draw attention to new music but also because I enjoy writing; I don't like reviewing stuff I've barely listened to, and shitty reviews are as annoying to write as they are to read.

That said, I'll let y'all know when I'm done with the mountain range of reviews already in front of me. I apologize to bands/labels/whatever awaiting reviews; like I said, this is a one-person operation.

I love you all.

hugs and kisses,

-Chief Drug Punk

1 comment:

  1. i wouldn't mind helping you out with overage amigo. shoot me an email you old dreamboat.

    ReplyDelete