Sunday, April 1, 2012

Seven Minutes of Decay-Newly Industrialized EP (2012)

It's a bit too close to spring for me to be spinning this piece of minimalist brutality on the reg, but come autumn, I think that it'll be getting heavy rotation[on iTunes].

Part of what is, as far as I can tell, a collective going by Ratordog, Seven Minutes of Decency goes in for ultra low-fi, squalling noise. It's a violent re-working of Pere Ubu's classic "Sentimental Journey", with the aid of 30 years' worth of advances in music technology. Screeching feedback, crumbling pottery, smashed glass, someone fingerbanging a windchime: I hear all these noises and a helluva lot more in the fourteen tracks, none of which clock in at over 59 seconds (let alone one minute!).

If this week is looking to be as hellish for you as the winter of 2011-12 was for me, then this is right up your alley. For terminal misanthropes and music-haters everywhere.

Get it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment